Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day one: September 24
The last item on my list to get ready to leave was ‘buy a book’; sitting in the airport looking at the metal gate that separates me from the books that won’t be available until the store opens, which will happen during the window of time after boarding and before departure, I wish I’d put it higher on the list. Chloe forgot her pillow, her nice tempurpedic memory foam pillow, so we’re both a little miffed with ourselves. Bill’s off drinking coffee, I think trying to stay out of our way -- he is a wise man.

Every word, every moment, seems charged. I think I should be dropping pearls of wisdom every time I open my mouth around Chloe, and all I can think of is “drink your milk”, or “don’t take any wooden nickels”.

No comments:

Post a Comment